This release solves the recent blockchain forking issue.
- Synchronizing checkpoint & master server introduced; this is to remove constantly checking on the misbehaving and IP banning, along with the error "block with too little proof-of-stake or proof-of-work". The checkpoint master server and keys remain to be used from now on; they are likely to be removed in the future;
- Implemented a block generation rule: PoW / PoS blocks are mined / minted by following a pattern: 1) at least two PoS blocks minted between two consecutive PoW blocks, or PoW blocks generated every 10 minutes; 2) at least one PoW block is found in five consecutive PoS blocks, or PoS blocks generated every 3 minutes;
- Difficulty adjustment will be changed to four-block exponential moving average. When there is violation in aforementioned PoW / PoS generation rule, the difficulty remains unchanged.
The following hard forks are scheduled to implement the changes:- block 1481500: PoW / PoS block generation rule, and also exit point of the maintenance mode;
- block 1482000: difficulty adjustment algorithm switch.
Source code: https://github.com/magi-project/magi/
Windows (ZIP): http://coinmagi.org/bin/m-wallet-188.8.131.52/m-wallet-184.108.40.206-win.zip
Mac OS X: http://coinmagi.org/bin/m-wallet-220.127.116.11/m-wallet-18.104.22.168-osx.dmg
Block chain: http://coinmagi.org/bin/block-chain/
Release notes: http://coinmagi.org/bin/release-notes.md
- Windows: double click to install, or unpack the files and run the wallet directly;
- Mac OS: unpack the files and copy to the Application folder, and then run the wallet directly;
- Linux: unpack the files and run the wallet directly.
For a fast startup:1) Download latest block-chain data from here: http://coinmagi.org/bin/block-chain/;
2) Unzip the file and copy the folders under "m-block-chain" into the .magi (unix-like system) or Magi (OS X or Windows) folder;
3) Launch the new wallet.
If you were using version prior to v22.214.171.124, the old block chain data must be deleted before launching the new wallet:1) Backup wallet.dat;
2) Delete all of the contents under the .magi (unix-like system) or Magi (OS X or Windows) folder, except for wallet.dat and magi.conf;
- Website: https://m-core.org
- Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
- Forum: http://www.m-talk.org/
- Slack: http://slack.m-core.org
- Freenode IRC: #magi
- Twitter Marketing: https://twitter.com/Coin_Magi_XMG
- Twitter Dev: https://twitter.com/CoinMagi
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CoinMagi